Mr. Oyler joined the firm as Of Counsel in January of 2020, continuing the focus of his practice in the areas of commercial and business litigation, intellectual property litigation, employment and health care law. In 2021, Mr. Oyler became a full member at the firm. He has substantial civil trial and administrative tribunal experience in both Kentucky and Indiana, representing businesses and individuals in a variety of commercial, health care, intellectual property, and employment disputes. He also has substantial experience in alternative dispute resolution procedures, including mediation and arbitration. Mr. Oyler has represented a variety of businesses and individuals in licensure and administrative penalty proceedings in Kentucky.
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- B.A. – 1986
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
Seminars and Presentations
- Business Considerations for Practicing Medicine, Univ. of Louisville, Dep’t of Orthopedic, 2008 to 2010
- Eminent Domain Considerations in Kentucky, Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, 2018
- Indiana, 1991
- Kentucky, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 1991
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 1991
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1991
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1992
- Brown, Todd & Heyburn, Associate Attorney, 1991 to 1993
- Hirn Reed & Harper, Associate Attorney, 1994 to 1996
- Reed Weitkamp Schell Cox & Vice, Associate Attorney, 1994 to 1998
- Reed Weitkamp Schell & Vice, Member, 1998 to 2019
- McBrayer PLLC, Member, 2019
- 100+ Annual Hours for Indigent Defendants (primarily misdemeanor criminal matters only), 1995 to 2019
- Louisville Metro Ethics Commission, Member, 2017 to Present
- Louisville Redevelopment Authority, Member, 2013 to Present
- Bill and Vicki Miller Foundation, Executive Director, 2015 to Present
- Pleasure Ridge Park High School Hall of Fame (non-alumni category)
- Pleasure Ridge Park High School Site Based Decision Making Committee, 2012 to Present
- Carter Traditional Elementary Site Based Decision Making Committee, 2003 to 2010
- Business Torts, A Fifty-State Guide, Aspen Publishers, Contributing Editor, Kentucky Updates, (2011-2019)
- University of Louisville v. Eckerle, 580 S.W.3d 546, 2019, Ky.
- Helm v. Ratterman, 778 Fed.App’x 359, 2019, 6th Cir.
- Cook v. Eckerle, 2019 Ky. Unpub. LEXIS 20, 2019, Ky.
- Humana, Inc. v. Celgene Corp., 2019 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 53636, 2019, E.D. Ky.
- Middleton v. Sampey, 522 S.W.3d 875, 2017, Ky. App.
- Insight Ky. Partners II, L.P. v. Louisville/Jefferson Cnty. Metro Gov’t, 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 47314, 2017, W.D. Ky.
- Parrish v. Smith, 2017 Ky. Unpub. LEXIS 37, 2017, Ky.
- Helm v. Eells, 642 Fed. App’x 558, 2016, 6th Cir.
- Acad. of Allergy & Asthma in Primary Care & United Biologics v. Am. Acad. of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology, 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 201028, 2014, W.D. Tex.
- Carter v. Toyota Tsusho Am., Inc., 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 31851, 2012, E.D. Ky.
- Scott v. Norton Healthcare, Inc., 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 119609, 2012, W.D. Ky.
- Choi v. Stevenson Co., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 45943, 2011, W.D. Ky.
- Lautzenhiser Techs., LLC v. Sunrise Medical HHG, Inc., 752 F.Supp.2d 988, 2010, S.D. Ind.
- Snowden v. Ky. Smelting Tech., Inc., 2010 Ky. App. Unpub. LEXIS 466, 2010, Ky. App.
- Lautzenshiser Technologies, LLC v. Sunrise Medical HHG, Inc., 2010 U.S. Dist LEXIS 119738, 2010, Southern District of Indiana
- Invesco Institutional (N.A.), Inc. v. Paas, 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 2918, 2009, W.D. Ky.
- Lantech.com, LLC v. Swartz, 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 47235, 2009, W.D. Ky.
- McKim v. Newmarket Technologies, 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 21131, 2008, W.D. Ky.
- Invesco Institutional (N.A.), Inc. v. Johnson, 500 F.Supp.2d 701, 2007, W.D. Ky.
- Invesco Institutional (N.A.), Inc. v. Paas, 244 F.R.D. 374, 2007, W.D. Ky.
- Lantech.com v. Yarbrough, 2007 U.S. App. LEXIS 22103, 2007, 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Melton v. Physicians in Emergency Medicine, 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 9123, 2006, W.D. Ky.
- Peters Wholesale Furniture, Inc. v. Manchester Furniture Group, 2005 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 21583, 2005, W.D. Ky.
- Kentucky Bar Association, 1991 to 2011
- Indiana State Bar Association, 1991 to 2011