- Contract Disputes
- Personal Injury Plaintiff
- Whistleblower & Employment Law
- Federal Criminal and Civil Healthcare Defense
- Federal White Collar Criminal Defense
- Healthcare Law
C. Dean Furman, Jr. served as a federal prosecutor in the United States Attorney's Office for the Western District of Kentucky. He was the District's HealthCare Fraud Coordinator and prosecuted cases involving healthcare fraud, bank fraud, insurance fraud, bankruptcy fraud, counterfeiting, public integrity, and other white-collar crimes. He was also the District's Bankruptcy Fraud Coordinator and chaired the District's multi-agency Bankruptcy Fraud Taskforce. He received the District's Victim Assistance Award in 1998.
Since rejoining private practice in 2002, Dean has handled various healthcare, whistleblower, personal injury, criminal, and commercial litigation matters. Although he typically represents plaintiffs in personal injury and whistleblower matters, he has represented defendants in these and other areas of law, as well as handled healthcare and corporate matters unrelated to litigation.
Prior to joining the U.S. Attorney's Office in early 1998, Dean worked for Woodward, Hobson & Fulton, a Louisville law firm, handling personal injury defense, commercial litigation, and corporate health care law matters. He has taught Trial Practice as an adjunct professor at the University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law in 1996, 1997, 1999, and 2003. While working at Woodward, he also served as General Counsel for the Louisville Jaycees from 1994 to 1996.
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
- J.D. - 1993
- University of Miami
- B.A. in Philosophy and Political Science - 1990
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Iron Arrow
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Federal Claims Court
- Scalise v. Sewell-Scheuermann, 566 S.W.3d 539, 2018, Ky.
- Anderson v. Old Nat'l Bancorp, 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 67314, 2009, W.D. Ky.
- Anderson v. Old Nat'l Bancorp, 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 76414, 2008, W.D. Ky.
- United States v. Hamilton, 263 F.3d 645, 2001, 6th Cir.
- United States v. Gonzales, 227 F.3d 520, 2000, 6th Cir.
- Grisham v. Wal-Mart Stores, 929 F. Supp. 1054, 1995, E.D. Ky.